Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday Service Dog


                                          National Animal Assisted Crisis Response


These are pictures of the training class Skye & I attended to become certified.




                                   






NAACR ( National Animal  Assisted Crisis Response ) consists of a network of specially trained and entirely volunteer dogs and handler teams from around the country who deploy nationally. These teams are extensively trained and certified to give animal assisted emotional support when partnering with disaster mental health and emergency response agencies that provide emotional rescue, recovery and ongoing support to individuals and first responders who have been affected by crisis or disaster.

These are pictures of the 4 day 40+ hour class that Skye and I attended to become certified. 




This is a blog hop! 
Visit other blogs to learn more
Please share our information 
to help others understand more about






5 comments:

  1. I think my comment disappeared! Paws up to you for doing crisis assistance! That's A LOT of hours of training and I suspect crisis assistance can be pretty stressful, but it's such a great thing to do and can make a world of difference for those you help.

    Thanks for participating in the blog hop! I LOVE your dachshund world map at the top of your blog. That is SO cool! Did you design it yourself or have someone else do it?

    Garth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is awesome! What dedication! I came over on the hop, but will be back. Have you been to actual disaster sites to offer comfort yet, or just to training so far? This is so cool, I hope you post more about it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS is a PAWSOME project! There are times when people have to take their mind off their troubles and pets can definitely do this. Thank you for joining our blog hop and bringing attention to NAACR. I will definitely share this info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm impressed! I hope you'll tell us lots more.

    ReplyDelete